Here’s what’s new at the Bacon Free Library:
- July 21, 2021 — The grounds of the BFL is now a certified wildlife habitat! Find out what this means and how you can make your yard more friendly to wildlife.
- June 8, 2021 — Celebrate Natick’s Community Read with us! Stop by the BFL to pick up a Community Read tote bag containing a copy of Sy Montgomery’s books, How to Be a Good Creature (adult/teen version) and/or Becoming a Good Creature (children’s version).
Join us for a virtual talk with naturalist, adventurer, and author Sy Montgomery on Friday, August 6th at 7 pm hosted by the Morse Institute Library. Please register on the Morse website.
The Natick libraries are offering 3 opportunities to get together with your fellow readers and discuss Sy Montgomery’s book:
- Monday, July 19th @ 7 pm: virtual adult book club hosted by the Morse. Please register on the Morse website.
- Tuesday, July 27th @ 7 pm: virtual adult book club hosted by the BFL. Please register on the BFL website.
- Saturday, August 28th @ 10 am: virtual adult book club hosted by the BFL. Please register on the BFL website.
- June 1, 2021 — the BFL is now open to the public with no reservations required. Our hours are Mon, Wed, Thurs, & Fri 9:30-5:30, and Tues 9:30-7:00. Curbside pickups will continue to be available all of our open hours as well as Saturdays from 10 am – noon. Stop by and say hello!
- January 29, 2021 — For the second year in a row, the BFL has been awarded the GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency. This honor, which recognizes the Board of Trustees’ commitment to transparency, provides donors with confidence that their donations are used wisely.
- January 2, 2021 — starting January 2021, the library will be open for pickups on Saturdays from 10 to noon.
- October 26, 2020 — We have a beautiful new picnic table, thanks to NHS senior Nathan Pravda. This table, which Nathan built for his Eagle Scout project, was designed with accessibility in mind and was built out of pressure treated wood and Trex composite decking. Nathan is a member of Boy Scout Troop 1775.
Provide your email address to sign up for our weekly newsletter:
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Annual Fund