MUSEUM PASSES @ Bacon Free Library
The BFL is happy to offer our patrons free or reduced-price passes for a selection of great local museums.
To ensure visitor safety, these museums require advance registration, have new restrictions, and/or may change their hours. Please check the museum website for the most up-to-date information on its offerings and to register for your visit.
To request a library pass, call us at 508-653-6730 or complete the form below. Please allow 2 days (sometimes less) for processing. In addition to requesting the library pass, you need to register with the museum on its website.
BFL patrons can request passes for the following museums:
- The Discovery Museum in Acton: this pass admits 3 people at 1/2-price admission. Additional people in your party pay the regular admission price. *This pass needs to be returned to the library after your visit.
- The Gardens at Elm Bank, run by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society: this pass allows for free admission for one family for one day.
- The Mass Audubon Trails and Wildlife Sanctuaries: this pass may be used for up to 4 people per visit. With the pass, visitors will be admitted free or at a reduced rate, depending on the location. Children under 2 are always admitted free.
- The Museum of Science: this pass admits up to 4 people at 50% off the Exhibit Hall admission price. Children under 3 are always free, but must have a timed ticket. You must reserve a time and purchase tickets ahead of time. Please follow this procedure for the MOS pass:
- Request the pass from the BFL
- Call the MOS to reserve your timed tickets (617-723-2500); **call a couple days ahead of time to purchase timed tickets, otherwise the museum might be fully booked. Payment is due when you make your reservation.
- Your MOS pass from the library can only be used on the date printed on the pass.
- After you purchase your timed ticket, the MOS will send you an email confirmation.
- Bring both your library pass and your email confirmation to the MOS. You will show both at the gate to enter. You do not need to stop at the box office.
We are grateful to the Friends of the Bacon Free Library for generously funding these passes each year.
Request a pass here. For an immediate reply, call the library at 508-653-6730.
Please note: you can pick up a pass through curbside pickup on Mondays – Fridays, 10am – 4pm.
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Annual Fund