MUSEUM PASSES @ Bacon Free Library
The BFL is happy to offer our patrons free or reduced-price passes for a selection of great local museums. We are grateful to the Friends of the Bacon Free Library for generously funding these passes each year.
To ensure visitor safety, these museums may require advance registration, have new restrictions, and/or may change their hours. Please check the museum website for the most up-to-date information on its offerings and to register for your visit.
To request a library pass, call us at 508-653-6730 or complete the form below. Please allow 2 days (sometimes less) for processing. In addition to requesting the library pass, you need to register with the museum on its website.
BFL patrons can request passes for the following museums:
- dcr Massachusetts: The Massachusetts Department of Conservation & Recreation Parks Pass: this pass entitles you to park (1 car) for free at over 50 facilities in the MA State Park system. Visit the DCR website for a full listing of DCR locations. However, this pass is not valid at the following places: Gardens at Elm Bank, Quabbin Reservoir boat launch areas, the North Point lot in Cambridge, or any on-street DCR location that charges an hourly rate. Please return this pass to the library.
- The Discovery Museum in Acton: this pass admits 3 people at 1/2-price admission. Additional people in your party pay the regular admission price. This pass allows access to the newly renovated Discovery Museum as well as Discovery Woods. All visitors must reserve an entry ticket for a specific day and time prior to coming to the Discovery Museum. Please return this pass to the library after your visit.
- The Gardens at Elm Bank, Wellesley: this pass allows free admission for one family. This is a single-use pass and does not need to be returned to the library.
- The Mass Audubon Trails and Wildlife Sanctuaries: this pass may be used for up to 4 people per visit. With the pass, visitors will be charged a reduced rate of $2 for admission to the more than 60 wildlife sanctuaries across the state. Children under 2 are always admitted free. Please return this pass to the library.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: the BFL will provide a promo code that admits 2 visitors at $10 per person. Children aged 6 and under are free. The MFA encourages the purchase of tickets online. Patrons should call/email/visit the library to receive the promo code and then enter it online when buying tickets. If you choose to buy tickets in person, you must show an email from the library with the promo code printed on it.
- The Museum of Science: this pass admits up to 4 people at 50% off the Exhibit Hall admission price. Children under 3 are always free, but must have a timed ticket. You must reserve a time and purchase tickets ahead of time. Please follow this procedure for the MOS pass:
- Request the pass from the BFL
- Call the MOS to reserve your timed tickets (617-723-2500); **call a couple days ahead of time to purchase timed tickets, otherwise the museum might be fully booked. Payment is due when you make your reservation.
- Your MOS pass from the library can only be used on the date printed on the pass.
- After you purchase your timed ticket, the MOS will send you an email confirmation.
- Bring both your library pass and your email confirmation to the MOS. You will show both at the gate to enter. You do not need to stop at the box office.
- This pass is a single-use pass and does not need to be returned to the library.
- The Trustees GOPASS: Go Pass admission is equivalent to a Trustees Family Membership admission price at Trustees properties that charge an admission fee. This pass is a single-use pass and does not need to be returned to the library.
- Zoo New England: this pass is good at both Franklin Park Zoo and Stone Zoo. With the pass, up to 6 people receive a discounted admission; adults are $9 each and kids are $6 each. Present the library pass at the entrance to receive the discount. This pass is not valid for special events or after-hours events. This is a single-use pass that does not need to be returned to the library.
Request a pass here. For an immediate reply, call the library at 508-653-6730.
Please note: you can pick up a pass during our weekday open hours, as well as Saturdays from 10-12 through curbside pickup.
Request Museum Passes
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Annual Fund