- This event has passed.
50+ Job Seekers Networking Group – Morning Meetings
February 1 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 9:30 am on Wednesday, repeating until June 28, 2023
The Massachusetts Library Collaborative’s 50+ Job Seekers Group meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, from 9:30am to 11:30am, via Zoom. If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, or recently retired and looking for your “Encore Career”, this networking group program is perfect for you! Remember, 85% of jobs are found through networking!
Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Each meeting features a new topic. Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search.
Below is a list of meetings and the topic that will be discussed at each one. Click on a topic below to register for one or more session.
Note: If you are unable to attend morning meetings, there will also be meetings in the evening from 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- Wednesday, January 4, 9:30am-11:30am — Self-Assessment & Transferrable Skills
- Wednesday, January 18, 9:30am-11:30am — Create Your “Career Story” Pitch
- Wednesday, February 1, 9:30am-11:30am — Create A Marketing Plan & Marketing Brief
- Wednesday, February 15, 9:30am-11:30am — Applications, Cover Letters & Negotiation
- Wednesday, March 1, 9:30am-11:30am — Develop Your Resume (Pt. 1)
- Wednesday, March 15, 9:30am-11:30am — Develop Your Resume (Pt. 2)
- Wednesday, April 5, 9:30am-11:30am — Create A LinkedIn Profile
- Wednesday, April 19, 9:30am-11:30am — LinkedIn and Personal Branding
- Wednesday, May 3, 9:30am-11:30am — Interview Preparation & Strategy
- Wednesday, May 17, 9:30am-11:30am — Interview Practice
- Wednesday, June 7, 9:30am-11:30am — Meet Hiring Employers
- Wednesday, June 21, 9:30am-11:30am — Networking 2.0
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Annual Fund