Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm
While our building remains closed to the public, Bacon Free Library is pleased to offer curbside pickups starting Tuesday, May 26!
Please follow these steps:
- Check the online catalog to search for materials. As delivery between Minuteman libraries is currently suspended, curbside pickup is only for titles marked “available” at Bacon Free Library. Please do not place holds through the online catalog; items can only be set aside for you by calling or emailing us. Need help deciding what to read? We’re happy to chat with you by phone and email to offer suggestions, or you can fill out this form and we’ll help you find some good books!
- Contact the library. Give us a call at 508-653-6730 Monday through Friday from 10-4, or email [email protected]. Please do not travel to the library until you have received confirmation from a staff member that your curbside materials are ready to pick up.
- Pull up in front of the library. When you arrive, call 508-653-6730 and remain in your car or stand in the designated waiting area. Please wear your face covering and maintain a minimum of six feet of social distancing. A staff member will place your items on a table near the book drop in a bag with your name on it. Please wait until the staff member has moved away before picking up your items. If you have any returns, please place them in the book drop.
- The library building remains closed to the public. For the safety of patrons and staff, there is no access to the library at this time (including no access to restrooms). No exceptions will be made. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please maintain your distance from library staff and do not hand them anything. If you have any items to return, please leave them in the book drop.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 3 days before being checked in. Items will be backdated and no fines will accrue during this time.
- Our curbside policies are subject to change depending on demand.
Not interested in curbside pickups? Our digital library is always available from the comfort of home! Check out digital resources to find ebooks, digital audiobooks, movies, and more!
While delivery between Minuteman libraries is suspended, only items owned and available at Bacon Free Library will be put aside for curbside pickups. When browsing the catalog, please note the item location and make sure it is NATICK/BACON. (In the catalog, NATICK refers to Morse Institute Library, and NATICK/BKM refers to the Bookmobile; neither of these locations are available for Bacon curbside pickups). When looking at your search results, you can limit results to just NATICK/BACON by selecting “Collections” on the left side of the menu and checking “NATICK/BACON” and “NATICK/BACON/Children’s”:
The record below shows a book that is available at NATICK/BACON:
Here’s an example of a large print book that is available at NATICK. Since in the catalog, NATICK refers to Morse Institute Library, this title is available at Morse, but NOT available at Bacon:
*Remember that requests placed through the online catalog will be not be fulfilled at this time. Please call 508-653-6730 or email [email protected] to reserve an item.
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Capital Campaign