Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm
While our building remains closed to the public, Bacon Free Library is pleased to offer curbside pickups!
Please follow these steps:
- Check the online catalog to search for materials. Delivery has resumed between Minuteman libraries, though items may take longer than usual to arrive due to safety procedures. You may place holds through the online catalog, by phone at 508-653-6730, or by emailing [email protected]. Need help deciding what to read? We’re happy to chat with you by phone and email to offer suggestions, or you can fill out this form and we’ll help you find some good books!
- Contact the library. If you would like us to put aside items that are currently available at the BFL, please give us a call at 508-653-6730 Monday through Friday from 10-4, or email [email protected]. If you request an item from another library, please call or email us once you receive an email notification that it is ready for pickup so that we can prepare it for curbside. Please do not travel to the library until you have received confirmation from a staff member that your curbside materials are ready to pick up.
- Pull up in front of the library. When you arrive, call 508-653-6730 and remain in your car or stand in the designated waiting area. Please wear your face covering and maintain a minimum of six feet of social distancing. A staff member will place your items on a table near the book drop in a bag with your name on it. Please wait until the staff member has moved away before picking up your items. If you have any returns, please place them in the book drop.
- The library building remains closed to the public. For the safety of patrons and staff, there is no access to the library at this time (including no access to restrooms). No exceptions will be made. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please maintain your distance from library staff and do not hand them anything. If you have any items to return, please leave them in the book drop.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 3 days before being checked in. Items will be backdated and no fines will accrue during this time.
- Our curbside policies are subject to change depending on demand.
Not interested in curbside pickups? Our digital library is always available from the comfort of home! Check out digital resources to find ebooks, digital audiobooks, movies, and more!
Delivery between Minuteman libraries has resumed, so you may request items from other libraries. If you’re looking for items available right away, look in the catalog for what’s available at Bacon Free Library. When browsing the catalog, please note the item location and make sure it is NATICK/BACON. (In the catalog, NATICK refers to Morse Institute Library, and NATICK/BKM refers to the Bookmobile). When looking at your search results, you can limit results to just NATICK/BACON by selecting “Collections” on the left side of the menu and checking “NATICK/BACON” and “NATICK/BACON/Children’s”:
The record below shows a book that is available at NATICK/BACON:
Here’s an example of a large print book that is available at NATICK. Since in the catalog, NATICK refers to Morse Institute Library, this title is available at Morse, but NOT available at Bacon:
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Capital Campaign