Here’s what’s new at the Bacon Free Library:
- Nov 26 thru Dec 19 — Visit the Mass Horticultural Society Festival of Trees at Elm Bank and look for the Bacon Free Library submission. This tree hangs on the wall and is filled with a selection of children’s picture books. Go to their website here.
- November 9, 2021 — The Museum of Science passes are in! With the library pass, up to 4 people are admitted at 50% off the exhibit hall admission price (children under 3 are always free). Visit or call the BFL to reserve your pass. You’ll also need to purchase timed tickets from the museum. See our Museum Passes page for all the details.
- November 1 – 15, 2021 — The holiday FairTrade Caravans fundraiser is back! Browse the beautiful and unique products and know that fair trade practices benefit farmers and artisans who are socially and economically marginalized. When you purchase goods from producers at a fair price, it improves lives and creates lasting change for families and communities (click here to learn more about Fair Trade). Your purchases will also support the BFL, as the library will receive 25% of all product sales. Purchases will be ready for pick up at the library after December 8th (curbside pickup is available). You may also choose to have your purchases shipped directly to you.
- October 25, 2021 — The BFL has four Wifi Hotspots for borrowing. A Wifi hotspot is a wireless device that you can use to connect to the Internet. Each hotspot will support up to 10 connected devices. You may check out the device for 3 weeks at a time. Each device comes in a case with a charger. Hotspot devices must be returned to the library service desk, not through the drop box or interlibrary delivery.
- October 20, 2021 — The Old Town Calendar 2022 is now available for purchase for $20. The phots are spectacular! Come and get your copy before we run out.
- August 30, 2021 — Starting September 1st, both Natick libraries are fine free! What does this mean for you?
- July 21, 2021 — The grounds of the BFL is now a certified wildlife habitat! Find out what this means and how you can make your yard more friendly to wildlife.
- June 1, 2021 — the BFL is now open to the public with no reservations required. Our hours are Mon, Wed, Thurs, & Fri 9:30-5:30, and Tues 9:30-7:00. Curbside pickups will continue to be available all of our open hours as well as Saturdays from 10 am – noon. Stop by and say hello!
- January 29, 2021 — For the second year in a row, the BFL has been awarded the GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency. This honor, which recognizes the Board of Trustees’ commitment to transparency, provides donors with confidence that their donations are used wisely.
- January 2, 2021 — starting January 2021, the library will be open for pickups on Saturdays from 10 to noon.
- October 26, 2020 — We have a beautiful new picnic table, thanks to NHS senior Nathan Pravda. This table, which Nathan built for his Eagle Scout project, was designed with accessibility in mind and was built out of pressure treated wood and Trex composite decking. Nathan is a member of Boy Scout Troop 1775.
Provide your email address to sign up for our weekly newsletter:
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Annual Fund