• The auction will be from Sunday February 26th at 8:00pm [EST] and end promptly on Sunday March 5th at 8:00pm [EST].
• This auction will be held online on eBay. Information on illustrators and their art is on the Bacon Free Library website now and is for promotion purposes only!
• If you win an auction (or two ☺), you will have 24 hours to pay your winning bid through PayPal. If payment is not made or we do not hear from you, the art will go to the 2nd highest bidder – No exceptions.
• Once you’ve paid, we will send your art out within a week. We will contact you if there are any delays
• All sales are FINAL. No refunds will be given on items shipped
• Your information will not be used for any purpose other than this auction. We will not sell or share any personal information needed for this auction
• You can choose to join the Bacon Free Library email list if you are interested – we’d love to have you. This list is also not shared but used to inform interested parties about BFL programs and updates only
• All bidders must register with eBay-there is no fee to do this. This will allow you to bid and receive emails to confirm bids, being outbid and for winning auction items. This will also let us know that you are truly a human.
• When registering, you will be required to submit your mailing address. This is used only to calculate shipping charges should you win an auction
• All auctions will begin on Sunday February 26th at 8:00pm [EST] and end promptly on Sunday March 5th at 8:00pm [EST].
• You may leave a ‘maximum’ bid of how much you are willing to pay for an item. This will go up in increments specified in the particular auction as others try to outbid you. You will receive an email if someone outbids your maximum
• Bidding Increments will be increased as price of item increases – these increases are determined by ebay:
◦ $1 – $99 = $1 increments
◦ $100 – $249 = $2.50 increments
◦ $250 and up = $5 increments
• If you win an auction on Feb 26th, you will have 24 hours to post payment through PayPal to receive your item. If payment is not posted or we do not hear from you to make arrangements, the item will go to the 2nd highest bidder. No exceptions.
• Shipping and handling will be added at the end of the auction. These charges can be viewed in each auction
*Art + Book(s): $20
*(Shipping can be combined if you win more than 1 auction – contact the library before paying!)
• We will ship domestically to the 48 contiguous US States
• Items can also be picked up by the winning bidder at the library. If you would prefer this method, please contact the library at the conclusion of the auction. You will need to show ID to pick up art at the library
• All art/books will be shipped via UPS or USPS with a tracking number. Art will be placed in weather-proof mailers
• All art was photographed or scanned by library personnel. It is NOT an exact replica of the work, although a fair reproduction. You are bidding on the description of the work, the images are for reference only.
• All art is in the condition in which it was donated. All art is in good condition but the library cannot be held responsible for damage incurred during transfer from the library to the winning bidder. All effort will be made, though, to package securely
• Many of the auction items come with signed books. If there is a book with the art, that will be specified in the description of the item
• Jennifer Gehly, who spent countless hours creating the landing pages, creating most of our graphics and finding distinctive ways to showcase the artwork – as a Volunteer!
• Denise Girardin and Ginger McEachern who gave us priceless guidance in handling the art
• Karen Leese who came up with the idea of a Children’s Illustrators Auction and then celebrated with us every time we got a new donation
• The great staff at the Bacon Free Library who have cheerfully supported this endeavor, in addition to their regular library work, from the very beginning
• Natick Town Officials – The Board of Selectmen, Martha White our Town Administrator, Members of the Finance Committee and many others
• Natick community members and BFL library patrons who continually support our little library by the Falls – we love our community!
• This landing page was created by librarians, not professional website developers. As such, it might be quirky so please feel free to contact us with questions and feedback
Make a donation to the BFL Board of Trustees' Capital Campaign